Tuesday, July 9, 2013

FINAL DOCUMENTARY IMAGERY

The murals are touched up, properly inaugurated, amid great fanfare. In total, they measure over 1300 square feet. We flew home to Oregon last night, tired but satisfied.  Before leaving we touched up and improved many areas of the murals.  We went for a short vacation at Manuel Antonio beach and nature park then spend another day on Sunday working, mostly on the dance studio panel, until nightfall.  We flew out the next morning.  By having done the murals I kept an old promise to a friend, collaborator, composer and research colleague of many years, a wonderful ethnomusicologist who founded the school, Dr. Jorge Luis Acevedo. 

Many thanks to Isabel, my wife and partner, whose keen eyes and talented brush helped refine many passages that would have otherwise been left a bit more raw.  I am grateful. 

In answer to questions and comments: No, I am not conscious of channeling William Blake, Dante or Marc Chagall, though it might have been easier had that been the case; I could have used a bit of such genius here and there.  As to the most generous comment, made by a woman roaming the halls beneath the scaffolding, no, to my knowledge I do not have "angels on my hands" but I am charmed by the suggestion.  Isabel, on the other hand....just might.  

Here are some of the best shots of the finished mural panels and many details. I will later post images from the inauguration.















































1 comment:

  1. AMAZING work, Ron! So happy to see this! It's just stunningly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete